- This event has passed.
Right to Life Bus Trip
January 18 - January 19
HELP US TO FILL OUR BUS!
Our tentative schedule is as follows:
- Depart Akron at 12:00am, January 18, 2019. Parking is available in the Tangiers parking deck at 532 West Market in Akron. The bus will leave from in front of Tangiers.
- Arrive in Washington DC, approximately 8am at DAR Constitution Hall for annual National Prayer Service.
- There will probably be two rest stops on the trip from Akron to Washington. The second stop will be a breakfast stop; breakfast is at your expense.
- The annual National Prayer service is from 8:30am-10:30am, hosted by Priests for Life featuring Fr. Frank Pavone and other major speakers. The bus will drop us off at this location which is just a few blocks from the Washington Monument. If you choose not to attend the prayer service, maps of the National Mall will be provided if you would like to explore the area on your own before the start of the March for Life rally.
- March for Life Rally: 11:30am The rally takes place near the Washington Monument. We will indicate a meeting place on the map for you to meet up with the group for the rally.
- March for Life begins at 1pm. We will march down Constitution Avenue from the Washington Monument to the Supreme Court (approximately 2.1 miles). Depending on how long the march takes (previous marchers know that sometimes there are interminable delays!), we may be attending a reception either at the U.S. Capitol or at a congressional or senate office.
- Depart Washington DC at approximately 5:30 PM
- There will probably be two rest stops on the trip from Washington to Akron. The first stop will be a dinner stop; dinner is at your expense.
- Return to Akron (Tangiers parking deck) at approximately 1am on January 19.
- All times are approximate. More details will be available closer to the event
- We will provide signs to carry for the march.
- We will also provide a box lunch (in a bag!) that you will take with you when you leave the bus in Washington.
- We cannot take unaccompanied minors on this trip. Any minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Dress appropriately! We never know how warm or cold the weather may be! Keep in mind that if you plan on going into any of the federal buildings, you must go through security. It is recommended NOT to take back packs or large bags of any kind because they will be searched and hold up the line.
Cost of trip: $50.00 per person
You can click on the link below to register and pay for this trip in full immediately online, or you can call our office at 330-762-2785 to reserve your seat and mail or drop off your payment if you prefer. SEATS ARE LIMITED!!!!
RESERVATION AND PAYMENT DEADLINE IS DECEMBER 30! Register Now!