- This event has passed.
National Day of Remembrance for Aborted Children
Every day, more than 3,000 children are killed through abortion and their bodies discarded as medical waste. It’s time to honor their lives and give them the dignity that the tragedy of abortion denied them.
On Saturday, September 14, 2019, Right to Life of Northeast Ohio will sponsor an interfaith memorial service on the 6th annual National Day of Remembrance for Aborted Children, calling on pro-life Americans to honor the grave sites and memorials of our aborted brothers and sisters.
Please join is in this beautiful and moving memorial service to be held inside the Holy Family Mausoleum at 1 PM near the Memorial to the Unborn at Holy Cross Cemetery in Akron.
We are pleased and honored to welcome Rev. Lori Porter as a participant in our service. Lori is the program director at Love Akron, and is the pastor at The Church, Akron. With the accompaniment of the Knights of Columbus Color Guard, other memorial service participants to date include Denise Leipold (Executive Director RTLNEO), Rev. Bob Schneider (retired, The Chapel, Akron), Fr. Matt Byrne (St. Barnabas, Northfield), Bethany McKenney (Summit Co. Council District 7), Rep. Bill Roemer (Ohio House District 38) Christy Ballor (regional rep for Silent No More campaign) and the music ministry of Jeff and Kira Andrea.
- A full map of the cemetery with the location of the memorial service is available on our website by clicking here.
- The memorial service will be held rain or shine.
- Please bring a lawn chair; limited seating is available inside the mausoleum. The front of the mausoleum is all glass overlooking the cemetery, and we may be extending the service to the outside of the mausoleum and you will need to have a chair if you would like to sit.
- Parking is along the side of the cemetery roadway near the memorial and the mausoleum as indicated on the map. PLEASE REFRAIN FROM PARKING IN FRONT OF THE MEMORIAL OR IN FRONT OF THE MAUSOLEUM as indicated by the red lines on the map.
- Please let us know you are coming by clicking on the link below so that we print enough programs.
Please help us to honor the innocent lives of the children who were killed before birth, and were also denied the dignity of a funeral.