- This event has passed.
Addiction Awareness Virtual Workshop
October 27, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
The Samaritan Ministry St. Malachi Parish in partnership with the ADAMHS Board of Cuyahoga County is offering a one-day addiction awareness workshop via Zoom on Thursday, October 27, 2022, from 9 AM-4 PM. Six CEUs are available through ADAMHS. For a brochure or to register online visit: AAWoct27.eventbrite.com, contact Judy Stowe, 216-280-0675 or call St. Malachi Rectory, 216-861-5343.
Registration deadline for CEU’s is 10/20/22. The fee is $20 (proceeds go to St. Malachi’s Mother Teresa Ministry, which provides crucial aid during times of extreme need (rent; utilities; transportation) to keep individuals on the verge of homelessness from ending up on the street.
About this event
Addiction Awareness Workshop
Thursday, October 27 from 9 am to 4 pm on Zoom
6 CEUs/RCHs Available
Fee: $20 (proceeds go to the Mother Teresa Ministry of St. Malachi)
This one-day workshop was developed to provide some helpful tools for professionals, families & others whose lives are connected to individuals with alcohol and/or other drug-related issues.
The program consists of educational sessions formulated to: increase awareness of substance related consequences and effects on others, deepen understanding of addiction as a brain disease, suggest options for help, explain use of the 12 Steps in recovery and strengthen the church’s ability to minister to individuals who are experiencing problems caused by substance abuse. Topics include:
- The Problem, Jim Joyner, LICDC-CS, Joyner & Associates
- Impact of Addiction on Others, Jim Joyner, LICDC-CS, Joyner & Associates
- Addiction as a Brain Disease, Christina M. Delos Reyes, MD, Dept. of Psychiatry University Hospitals/Case Medical Center
- Treatment Options: Finding Help, Judy Stowe, MA, LICDC-CS, Addictions Consultant (Ret.), Cleveland Clinic
- Bringing the Twelve Steps to Life, Jackie Krejcik, MA, Certified Lay Ecclesial Minister
- Your Church & Addiction/Recovery, Jackie Krejcik, MA, Certified Lay Ecclesial Minister
Registration closes October 20.